Saturday, January 22, 2022

Rip My Winkle

 WTF? I mean, seriously. WHAT. THE. FUCK?

Just over eight years ago I was kidnapped and imprisoned by troops loyal to The Dread Pirate Wesley. A grueling, demeaning experience with little food, no medicine, no contact with The Odd family or the outside world, and forced to watch DVDs of The Golden Girls dubbed in Hungarian. During my incarceration I kept fit of body by doing countless sit-ups and push-ups and fit of mind by doing imaginary crossword puzzles. Okay, I made that up.

Bend your mind to this question - if you woke up today after an eight year nap (coma, space journey, kidnapping, etc.), what would you make of the state of affairs? I mean, come ON! Pandemic? Reality TV show host a former President? Russia on the border of the Ukraine rattling sabers? The Los Vegas Raiders? WTF?

As an avid fan of science fiction, I’m keen on the idea of parallel universes. Screw you, fine … the multiverse. What chafes my chaps is that I’m stuck in this universe. How do skip over to the universe where things suck less? I mean, WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't take me too seriously.